Some quick snack ideas for healthy, hungry children.
* Raw veges with hummus (see recipe below)
* Fruit....whole or as a fruit salad
* Popcorn with herb salt
* Pizza Bread with homemade pesto
* Corn Thins with nut butter or avocado
* Natural yoghurt, with good bacteria
* Home-made muffins (see recipes below)
* Fritters (see recipe below)
* Fruit and Nut Balls (see recipe below)
* Fruit Smoothies (see Breakfast Smoothies)
* Avocado sushi rolls (see recipe below)
400 g tinned chickpeas , rinsed and drained,
100g dried chickpeas, soaked overnight simmered for 60 minutes, drained
3 tbsp water
2 tbsp olive oil
1 lemon, freshly squeezed
2 tsp tahini (sesame seed paste)
1 garlic clove, crushed
1 tsp chopped fresh parsley
Put chickpeas and water in food processor and liquidize until smooth.
Add the olive oil, lemon juice, tahini, garlic and process.
Put in bowl and sprinkle with parsley to serve.
Hummus is great as a dip with raw vegies ie carrot and clery sticks, capsicum, beans etc
It is also a simple snack with corn thins, rice crackers or pita bread.
A simple meal idea is filling a jacket potato,(baked for an hour in a moderate oven) with hummus and chopped apple. A complete nutritionally balanced meal.
Pesto originated in Northern Italy and traditionally consists of crushed garlic,
Subscribe for weekly insightful quotes.