We can all make a difference to our world, one act at a time. Whether it be nurturing yourself, so to be calm and gentle with others, or nurturing our environment, picking up that plastic bag on your visit to the beach. If everyone did these small acts of kindness to ourselves, others and our earth, imagine the peaceful pristine world we would live in.
I have created a list, which is by no means complete. However, even if you are encouraged to do one of these things, then you are helping to nurture our world with your peaceful, positive presence.
* Accept yourself and others as unique individuals.
* Live and let live.
* Breathe before responding.
* Focus on whats important in the present moment. For example, a child's needs or a clean house?
* Be grateful for what you have in your life.
* Do something new everyday.... - a new recipe - a different morning walk/run - a new place to visit
* Sing! By yourself & with your children. Sing like no one is listening!
* Make conscious choices when purchasing products. For example, I don't buy anything made with palm oil, as I am aware of the destruction caused by the plantations.
* Grow an organic garden, even if it is just herbs and greens.
* Smile, smile & smile some more. It helps you feel happy when you are feeling less than. It is also a small act of kindness to others.
* The 4 L's..... Listen Love Learn Let go
* Eliminate all chemicals from your life. It can be done! Read Back to Basics.
* Cook together. Learning to love food and create meals can start as young as you want it to.
* Volunteer your time to an organisation you care about. We are Tweed Valley Wildlife Carers and we LOVE it!
* Treat others as though you will never see them again. Every moment is precious.
* Keep informed on environmental & world issues and support causes you believe in.
* Care for and share with your neighbours. Give them some eggs or veges, or maybe some help with a project.
* Immerse yourself in nature. Go bush walking, find a waterfall, go surfing, go snorkelling, walk in a park, etc...
* Treat others with respect.
* Be generous. With your love, time, money, compassion....just give.
* Listen & make music.
* Create a native wildlife friendly backyard. Ponds, bird feeders, native trees, & definitely NO sprays!
* Visit car boot markets, second-hand stores, recycle yards, garage sales... there are treasures to be found and our earth's resources to be saved.
* Practise 'Clean-up Australia Day' everyday! Pick up rubbish whenever possible. Imagine if we all did this!
* As Bob the Builder says.... Reduce, Reuse, Recycle!
* Inform others about the dangers of chemicals in our food, our environment, our homes, and our personal care items.
* Simplify your life. Do you really need more of anything?
* The present moment is always the best place to be.
* Visit your local farmers market.
* Take your children to your local library. I feel so grateful when we get to take home a bag full of books!
* Eliminate energy & time wasters from your life.
* Have fun and laugh lots! What a world it would be if we all took more time for fun and pleasure.
* Make time for yourself. Nurture your own interests.
* Find a form of exercise that you LOVE! Maybe it's tennis, walking, gardening, bush walking, yoga, running, team sports or surfing. Make it FUN and enjoyable.
* Remember that silence is sometimes the best answer.
* 'Maybe you are right' can save you from an ego-driven argument with a loved one.
* Walk or bike and leave your car at home. If not possible, give someone a lift, or take public transport.
* Be thankful for the sunshine or the rain. Everyday is precious.
* Create a peaceful living environment. Peace begins at home.
* Have objects of beauty in your home even if it is a simple flower in a glass.
* Give your home a loving energy. Creating a beautiful, nurturing space for all who enter to be nourish by.
* Be gentle and respectful to all living creatures, for example, relocate rather than squash an insect.
* Practise simple acts of kindness every day. Smile at a stranger, give money to a local charity, help an elderly person with their groceries, or give money to someone who is unable to pay. Kindness can be contagious...lets spread it around!
* View the world through eyes of love. It is indeed a magical place.