Given the recent deluge of rain, I wrote us a list of fun ideas for the boys to choose from. This was done for my own sanity and of course the boys enjoyment. I find it's easier to have ideas written down, instead of trying to think of things off the top of my head, while feeling a little 'cabin fever' from being indoors for a week.
* Create a band out of all available musical instruments. If you haven't any, use whatever you can find ie pots, chop- sticks etc...
* Dress-up and dance to loud music.... lots of FUN!
* Balloon games...get creative.
* Indoor treasure hunt...try hiding toys etc, older children may want to create maps to follow.
* LEGO....need I say more...get creative.
* Create an indoor obstacle course and time each other.
* Art, art and more art...collage, painting, creating huge murals, pastel drawing etc.
* Create a cosy reading spot with a big pile of favourite books.
* Visit the library...we do this whatever the weather.
* Create a 'play' by bringing a favourite story to life, with props and toys. Our favs are 'Bad Jelly the Witch' & 'Crocodile Beat'...heaps of fun and great for literacy.
* Listen to audio stories...we get heaps of these from the library.
* Create with clay...love this.
* Go roller skating...if you are fortunate enough to live near a rink.
* Walk in the rain....really feel it and and enjoy the freshness in the air.
* Watch a movie with some delicious popcorn made at home. Or go to the movies at a cinema.
* Make up silly stories together, where everyone contributes.
* Play lots of board games...our favs are - junior monopoly, go fish, draughts, memory card games, connect 4, snakes & ladders and many more. Board games teach so many skills...mathematical, social, listening, following instructions etc.
* Listen to positive affirmations together.
* Search the web for topics of interest.
* Tidy out a toy box/cupboard and see what you discover...
* Puppet shows..if you don't have any, make some, with paper bags or socks or just draw on your hands.